Department of Physics
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666 (RFM3230)
Office : (512) 245-4280
Fax: (512) 245-3675
Dr. Zakhidov’s research is focused on the comprehensive study of organic semiconductors including: fundamentals, processing, mechanisms and applications in optoelectronics. Particular topics of interest, include:
- Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) for displays and lighting
- Perovskite photovoltaic devices (solar cells and photodiodes)
- Organic thin film transistors (OTFTs) and circuits
- Organic micro-cavities and organic lasers
- Nano-carbon (carbon nanotubes and graphene) electrodes
- Molecular doping
- High-resolution structuring of organic semiconductors
Dr. Zakhidov pioneered orthogonal micro- and nano-fabrication technique for organic semiconducting structuring and processing. This method essentially enables fundamental nano-science of organic electronic devices as well as their heterogeneous integration with the state of the art traditional electronics.
More than 65 peer-review publications. H-factor 24. Over 2000 total citations.
- Polarons in Halide Perovskites: A Perspective
D. Ghosh, E. Welch, A.J. Neukirch, A. Zakhidov, S. Tretiak, J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 11, 9 (2020).
- Ultrafast zero-bias photocurrent and terahertz emission in hybrid perovskites
P.A. Obraztsov, D. Lyashenko, P.A. Chizhov, K. Konishi, N. Nemoto, M. Kuwata-Gonokami, E. Welch, A.N. Obraztsov, A. Zakhidov, Comm. Physics 1, 14 (2018).
- Solution-processed organic light-emitting diodes with emission from a doublet exciton; using (2,4,6-trichlorophenyl)methyl as emitter
E. Neier, R.A. Ugarte, N. Rady, S. Venkatesan, T.W. Hudnall, A. Zakhidov, Organic Electronics, 44 ,126 (2017).
- Role of interface in stability of perovskite solar cells
C. Manspeaker, S. Venkatesan, A. Zakhidov, and K.S. Martirosyan, Curr. Opin. Chem. Eng. 15, 1 (2017).
- Solvent Toolkit for Electrochemical Characterization of Hybrid Perovskite Films
M. Hasan, S. Venkatesan, D. Lyashenko, J.D. Slinker, and A. Zakhidov, Anal. Chem. 89, 9649 (2017).
- Tailoring nucleation and grain growth by changing the precursor phase ratio for efficient organic lead halide perovskite optoelectronic devices
S. Venkatesan, M. Hasan, J. Kim, N.R. Rady, S. Sohal, E. Neier, Y. Yao, A. Zakhidov, J. Mater. Chem. C 5, 10114 (2017).
- Density functional theory + U modeling of polarons in organohalide lead perovskites
E. Welch, L. Scolfaro, A. Zakhidov, AIP Advances 6, 125037 (2016).
- Reliable Annealing of CH3NH3PbI3 Films Deposited on ZnO
C. Manspeaker, P. Scruggs, J. Preiss, D.A. Lyashenko, and A. Zakhidov, J. Phys. Chem. C 120, 6377 (2016).
- Doped Organic Transistors: Inversion and Depletion Regime
B. Lüssem, M.L. Tietze, H. Kleemann, C. Hoßbach, J.W. Bartha, Al.A Zakhidov, K. Leo, Nature Communications, 4, 275 (2013).
- Phase-locked coherent modes in a patterned metal-organic microcavity
R. Brückner, Al.A. Zakhidov, R. Scholz, M. Sudzius, S.I. Hintschich, H. Fröb, V.G. Lyssenko, K. Leo, Nature Photonics, 6 322 (2012).
- Orthogonal processing: A new strategy for organic electronics
Al.A. Zakhidov, J.-K. Lee, J.A. DeFranco, H.H. Fong, P.G. Taylor, M. Chatzichristidi, C.K. Ober, G.G. Malliaras, Chem. Sci., 2, 1178 (2011).
- A light-emitting memristor
Al.A. Zakhidov, B. Jung, J.D. Slinker, H.D. Abruña, G.G. Malliaras, Organic Electronics 11, 150 (2010).
- Electrochemically Tuned Properties for Electrolyte-Free Carbon Nanotube Sheets
Al.A. Zakhidov, D-S. Suh, A.A. Kuznetsov, J.N. Barisci, E. Muñoz, A.B. Dalton, S. Collins, V.H. Ebron, M. Zhang, J.P. Ferraris, A.A. Zakhidov, R.H. Baughman, Adv. Funct. Mat. 19, 2266 (2009).
- Hydrofluoroethers as orthogonal solvents for the chemical processing of organic electronic materials
Al.A. Zakhidov, J.-K. Lee, H.H. Fong, J.A. DeFranco, M. Chatzichristidi, P.G. Taylor, C.K. Ober, G.G. Malliaras, Adv. Mat. 20, 3481 (2008)
- Mechanism of low-voltage field emission from nanocarbon materials
Al.A. Zakhidov, A.N. Obraztsov, A.P. Volkov, D.A. Lyashenko, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics 100, 89 (2005)
(co-) inventor of approx. 8 patent families
- M.Sc., Dipl.-Phys., Moscow State University, Russia, 1998-2004
- Ph.D., Physics, Moscow State University, Russia, 2006
- 2020 – present Associate Professor at Texas State University, Department of Physics.
- 2014-2020 Assistant Professor at Texas State University, Department of Physics.
- 2012-2014 Group Leader at Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Materials and Electronic Devices Dresden (COMEDD), Dresden, Germany
- 2010-2011 Alexander Von Humboldt Fellowship at Technische Universität, Dresden
- 2007-2010 Postdoctoral Fellow at Cornell University, MSE Department.
- 2006 – Visiting researcher at University of Texas at Dallas
- 2019 Texas State COSE Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities
- 2018 Texas State Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly Activities
- 2012 FhG ATTRACT Grant (for 2.5MEur)
- 2010 Alexander Von Humboldt Fellowship
- 2009 Materials Research Society 2009 Spring Meeting, poster award
- 2006 Russian Foundation for Basics Research Grant #06-02-26536
- 2004 Rem Khokholov award for the best student scientific work (MSU)
- 2003 M. Lomonosov award for academic excellence (MSU)