Department of Physics
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666 (RFM3230)
Office : (512) 245-4280
Fax: (512) 245-3675
Dr. Zakhidov’s research is focused on the comprehensive study of organic semiconductors including: fundamentals, processing, mechanisms and applications in optoelectronics. Particular topics of interest, include:
- Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) for displays and lighting
- Perovskite photovoltaic devices (solar cells and photodiodes)
- Organic thin film transistors (OTFTs) and circuits
- Organic micro-cavities and organic lasers
- Nano-carbon (carbon nanotubes and graphene) electrodes
- Molecular doping
- High-resolution structuring of organic semiconductors
Dr. Zakhidov pioneered orthogonal micro- and nano-fabrication technique for organic semiconducting structuring and processing. This method essentially enables fundamental nano-science of organic electronic devices as well as their heterogeneous integration with the state of the art traditional electronics.
More than 50 refereed publications. H-factor 19.
- Role of interface in stability of perovskite solar cells
C. Manspeaker, S. Venkatesan, A. Zakhidov, and K.S. Martirosyan, Curr. Opin. Chem. Eng. 15, 1 (2017).
- Reliable Annealing of CH3NH3PbI3 Films Deposited on ZnO
C. Manspeaker, P. Scruggs, J. Preiss, D.A. Lyashenko, and A. Zakhidov, J. Phys. Chem. C 120, 6377 (2016).
- Doped Organic Transistors: Inversion and Depletion Regime
B. Lüssem, M.L. Tietze, H. Kleemann, C. Hoßbach, J.W. Bartha, Al.A Zakhidov, K. Leo, Nature Communications, 4, 275 (2013).
- Phase-locked coherent modes in a patterned metal-organic microcavity
R. Brückner, Al.A. Zakhidov, R. Scholz, M. Sudzius, S.I. Hintschich, H. Fröb, V.G. Lyssenko, K. Leo, Nature Photonics, 6 322 (2012).
- Orthogonal processing: A new strategy for organic electronics
Al.A. Zakhidov, J.-K. Lee, J.A. DeFranco, H.H. Fong, P.G. Taylor, M. Chatzichristidi, C.K. Ober, G.G. Malliaras, Chem. Sci., 2, 1178 (2011).
- A light-emitting memristor
Al.A. Zakhidov, B. Jung, J.D. Slinker, H.D. Abruña, G.G. Malliaras, Organic Electronics 11, 150 (2010).
- Electrochemically Tuned Properties for Electrolyte-Free Carbon Nanotube Sheets
Al.A. Zakhidov, D-S. Suh, A.A. Kuznetsov, J.N. Barisci, E. Muñoz, A.B. Dalton, S. Collins, V.H. Ebron, M. Zhang, J.P. Ferraris, A.A. Zakhidov, R.H. Baughman, Adv. Funct. Mat. 19, 2266 (2009).
- Hydrofluoroethers as orthogonal solvents for the chemical processing of organic electronic materials
Al.A. Zakhidov, J.-K. Lee, H.H. Fong, J.A. DeFranco, M. Chatzichristidi, P.G. Taylor, C.K. Ober, G.G. Malliaras, Adv. Mat. 20, 3481 (2008)
- Mechanism of low-voltage field emission from nanocarbon materials
Al.A. Zakhidov, A.N. Obraztsov, A.P. Volkov, D.A. Lyashenko, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics 100, 89 (2005)
(co-) inventor of approx. 8 patent families
- M.Sc., Dipl.-Phys., Moscow State University, Russia, 1998-2004
- Ph.D., Physics, Moscow State University, Russia, 2006
- Since 08/2014 Assistant Professor at Texas State University, Department of Physics.
- 2012-2014 Group Leader at Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Materials and Electronic Devices Dresden (COMEDD), Dresden, Germany
- 2010-2011 Alexander Von Humboldt Fellowship at Technische Universität, Dresden
- 2007-2010 Postdoctoral Fellow at Cornell University, MSE Department.
- 2006 – Visiting researcher at University of Texas at Dallas
- 2012 FhG ATTRACT Grant (for 2.5MEur)
- 2010 Alexander Von Humboldt Fellowship
- 2009 Materials Research Society 2009 Spring Meeting, poster award
- 2006 Russian Foundation for Basics Research Grant #06-02-26536
- 2004 Rem Khokholov award for the best student scientific work (MSU)
- 2003 M. Lomonosov award for academic excellence (MSU)